11/1/13

A NEW Painting - STAR RISING

STAR RISING. Original (SOLD).
Prints available here.

This is the October project for my online course SERENDIPITY- A Year In Mixed Media.

It was a painting I created to demonstrate two characters based on inspirations from some of my past paintings. 

However, as I was painting, I realized I was "trying" so hard to paint certain things and to make the left character a moon and the right character a girl. 

Because I was "trying" I stopped having fun. 

Then I remembered these characters could be whatever I dream. And from there, the painting evolved into a new story I never would have thought of. 





STAR RISING. Original (SOLD).
Prints available here.

For this piece I used some of my favorite art supplies (especially when I got stuck)... shiva oil paint sticks, spray paints, tissue papers, cookbook pages, acrylics, and water soluble oil pastels.

My favorite part in this painting is the rainbow on the bear's forehead. That was one of those beautiful mistakes- something I never could have planned for, but that I let work into the painting.

I had been painting something in the girl and smudged red all across the bear's forehead. Instead of covering it up, I made it into a rainbow.

Happy painting!

xo,


................

ps. For more art supply inspiration and lots of painting find details on my online courses here. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it Juliette! I can totally relate to "because I was trying I stopped having fun." Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful week my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively Latest Leptitox Nutrition Solution come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Want to login to Router Admin Control Panel but you've forgotten the password? dont worries, please check 192.168 l 254.254

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your paintings and how you express them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...